There’s things that little girls’ dreams are made of throughout life. Snickerdoodles, cheesecake, and funnel cakes are some of mine. So, naturally, I want my girls’ to have fond memories of them too. Originally, we were supposed to make deep fried cheesecake bites but, in all honesty, we failed miserably at making them yesterday. Such is life and even we bloggers fail sometimes, okay, actually a lot more than any of us would care to admit HA!
Part of us want to do more with our girls in the kitchen is so that they have a hands on learning experience. I love teaching her that even mistakes can happen and that we have to not only move on (to another recipe), but that we also have to try again (we still plan to make our deep fried cheesecake bites at some point).
But for time constraints yesterday, we just moved on and combined my three loves together to make this Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Funnel Cake Recipe.
We went to Sesame Place over the weekend and got a funnel cake while we were there, so where Skibbles figured out that we were making them at home she got super excited. It was so cute. We had a blast making the cheesecake drizzle for the funnel cake recipe too. There may have even been a little bit of a food fight. It’s all the joys of having your kids in the kitchen with you. The best part is that she pretty much did everything by the frying. She made the batter for the funnel cakes, made the cheesecake drizzle and crushed the graham cracker topping. I’m always amazed at how much she can do in the kitchen at 3 since we allow her too.
The funnel cakes came out amazing! I think these are going to go on out list to make with friends at a play date one day. A funnel cake bar! How fun would that be!
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1 qt vegetable oil for frying
- whipped topping, optional topping
- crushed graham crackers, optional topping
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 8 oz (1 package) cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz Homemade Whipped Topping
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and sugar for the Cheesecake Drizzle. Fold in the whipped topping. Put in fridge until funnel cakes are done.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar for the snickerdoodle mix, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat one egg. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, milk, and 1 1/2 tbsp of the snickerdoodle mix.
- Whisk together. (Mix should be slightly thicker than a pancake batter, but still thin enough to pour - you may need to add up to 1-2 more tbsp of milk).
- Heat oil in a fryer or cast iron skillet over medium until it starts to bubble when water is added to it.
- Holding a finger over the spout of a funnel, fill a funnel with a mix and in a circular motion add the batter to the hot oil. When golden brown (1-2 minutes) flip and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove to a plate.
- Drizzle on cheesecake drizzle , sprinkle with Snickerdoodle mix, and any additional toppings
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- French Toast Casserole // Momma Lew
- Raspberry Coconut Coffee Cake // Baby Loving Mama
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Funnel Cake Recipe // We’re Parents
- Three Ingredient Fudge // Frugal Novice
- No Bake Yule Log Cake Recipe // Eating Richly
- Rice Krispie Christmas Wreaths // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Peppermint Popcorn Balls // Step Stool Chef
- Pineapple and Zucchini Cupcakes // Vegging at the Shore
- Turkey & Hummus Pinwheels // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Easy Kid Approved Breakfast Quesadillas // O’Boy! Organic
- Christmas Tree Jello // Can’t Google Everything