THIS CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE IS THE PERFECT HOLIDAY DESSERT! AFFILIATE LINKS CONTAINED IN THE POST HELP US EARN A COMMISSION.
If you know anything about me it’s that food is my love language. Okay, actually my love language is gifts of service, but if food was a language, it would be that. I’ve always loved desserts (yeah, I know, who doesn’t!?). I love making them. I love the reaction people get when eating an amazing dessert. It’s especially heart-warming when you make a dish from scratch and you see people’s positive reaction. Also, if you know anything about me it’s that cheesecake and doughnuts are the way to my heart.
Ask me my favorite flavor…I’m likely to say caramel apple. I’m like Bubba Gump with shrimp, but instead the flavor is caramel apple. Caramel apple apples. Caramel apple pie. Doughnuts. Cake. You get the point. But, the best of all….cheesecake. CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE.
I’d be lying if I said the first time I tried making this, I didn’t eat half the daggone cheesecake by myself. It was that amazing. Fast forward to the perfected version and I may have gained a few unwanted pounds, but hey, I’d do anything for you guys.
This caramel apple cheesecake is the perfect homemade cheesecake from scratch, topped with a caramel apple sauce and the perfect sweet crumble. Don’t mind that it sounds completely indulgent. YOLO! And let’s be honest, if you have a piece (or two) and make your body happy it’s not the end of the world. Just take the stairs instead of the elevator a few times and you’re good. I mean if you are really worried about it. If not, then do you and have an extra slice. As a matter of fact, it’s the holidays, make an entire extra cheesecake and just save it for yourself. I mean, if you don’t tell, I won’t tell.
Want to make the perfect cheesecake? Check out our cheesecake tips.
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 4 8 oz packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 fuji or other sweet apples, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp apple cider
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 sticks unsalted butter cold, cut into pieces
- 1/2 green apple sliced thinly
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp apple pie spice
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar together.
- Evenly spread out on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, just until mix together. (Don't over blend the eggs).
- Pour into cooled crust.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until the center is just about set.
- Turn off the oven and leave inside for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely before adding the sauce.
- Melt butter and apple pie spice together in a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add apples, sugar, and 3 tablespoons apple cider.
- Cook until apples are softened, stirring every few minutes.
- Combine flour and water in a small bowl.
- Add to the pan and stir until it is thickened.
- Use a masher and mash until sauce has no chunks of apples remaining.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, and apple pie spice into a bowl well.
- Using your hands or a pastry blender, add the butter and combine until no large pieces of butter remain.
- Spoon the crumb topping around the border of your cooled cheesecake.
- Place the sauce evenly on the inside center of cheesecake (you may have additional sauce left over - you can serve this on the side or save for something else)
- *Optional: Combine lemon juice and green apple slices and fan slices on the center of cheesecake. Sprinkle with apple pie spice.
No matter if you decide to have one slice, or a whole cheesecake to yourself, we wish you the happiest of holidays. This caramel apple cheesecake is the perfect holiday dessert to take with you wherever you are going. Or to a spring or summer party. Or to a fall harvest party. Maybe a birthday celebration. Or a baby shower. Have you got the point yet? Take it everywhere 😉 Enjoy!
These products may help you make this recipe: