Mix together egg, ricotta cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon basil until combined. Place in fridge until ready to use.
Brown ground chicken until cooked throughout.
Combine sauce, cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon basil. Heat to boil then remove from heat.
Start layers in greased pan…
Sauce on bottom,
Half of ricotta mixture,
Mozzarella cheese (then repeat, 3 noodles,1 1/2 cups sauce mixture, remaining ricotta mixture, 3 noodles, remaining sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, then Parmesan cheese)
Then result already looks yummy. Cover with sprayed foil and bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove foil and cook until bubbly (about 10-15 more minutes).
Remove and let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
It was so yummy!!
To end the birthday celebration, we had homemade chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and a glass of milk!
- 9 lasagna noodles uncooked
- 1 lb ground chicken ground turkey or beef would also work
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 jars 25oz spaghetti sauce (we prefer Prego)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 15 oz reduced-fat part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese reduced fat
- 1/3 shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain and place in cold water.
- While you are cooking the noodles, spray a 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together egg, ricotta cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon basil until combined. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- In a skillet, cook ground meat and garlic on medium high until cooked throughout. Drain any excess juice from meat. Stir in the sauce, cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon basil. Heat until it starts to boil, then remove from heat.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Drain the noodles from the water.
- Spread 3/4 cup sauce mixture on the bottom of glass dish.
- Layer in the following way: 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture, Half of the ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cups sauce mixture, Remaining ricotta mixture, 3 noodles, Remaining sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese
- Pull a piece of foil out big enough to cover the dish and spray with cooking spray. Cover dish with foil, spray side down.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until bubbly.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before you serve.