I remember when Andrew and I started trying to eat healthy before we had kids and we were devastated that we wouldn’t be able to have some of our favorite foods, which were usually meals that we got from eating out at restaurants and take out. With him getting diagnosed with high blood pressure, we knew we drastically had to change the way we thought about consuming our food. Chinese food was something I really didn’t want to give up. Luckily, I had a friend who shared one day that she made homemade Chinese food. Duh, why didn’t I think of that? Life was instantly changed and I now love making Chinese dishes at home where I can control the ingredients and the sodium levels.
Now, as parents, we love quick and simple dinners. Our girls aren’t even at the age where extracurricular activities cause any issues, yet as a work from home mom and a dad that works a ton of hours, we still lean towards meals that are quick, but still very healthy for our family. As the one who does dishes, some of my most preferred meals are one pot meals so I don’t have a lot of dishes left to clean up. Combine quick, easy, and one pot all together and you’ve essentially described my favorite meal. If that’s your favorite type of meal too, then this is a recipe for you.
When we first heard that Veetee rice was Non-GMO and cooks in 2 minutes we kind of didn’t believe it. We were thrilled to partner with them to check it our for ourselves and were floored at not only the taste, but that it literally cooks in 2 minutes. We are huge lovers of rice here, but not the 30-45 minutes it takes to make rice, so this is a game changer for us. I knew that we needed to make a quick meal and decided to share our Chicken Fried Rice recipe today. It’s so simple and the combination of chicken, eggs, and rice will leave the family full and even with leftovers for the next day. Veetee rice is shelf-stable for 12 months and comes in 12 different varieties, 8 of which are gluten free and vegan. The flavors include:
- Basmati & Wild Rice
- Thai Jasmine Rice
- Whole Grain Brown Rice
- Long Grain Rice
- Whole grain Brown Rice & Quinoa
- Red Beans & Rice New Orleans Style
- Chicken Flavor Rice
- Golden Vegetable Rice
- Thai Lime & Herb Rice
- Pilaf Rice
- Spanish Style Rice
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 packs of Veetee Thai Basmati Rice
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken is perfect
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a wok we use this one, over medium heat, add the oil.
- Add in onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for one more minute.
- Add in frozen peas and pepper and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Move mixture to one side of the wok and to the opposite side add the beaten eggs and scramble until cooked.
- Combine the two sides together.
- Add in chicken, rice vinegar, and soy sauce and combine well. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the rice, one package at a time, and combine after each.
- Heat for an additional 2-3 minutes or until everything is heated throughout.
- Serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Watch it be made:
Recently, Veetee donated 80,000 trays (which equals approximately 160,000 servings) to the Community Food Bank of New Jersey as part of the Feeding America during the Holidays campaign. Now they’re ready to give even more. One lucky reader is going to win an entire year supply for themselves AND the same amount for a local charity of their choice. Just enter below!
For more quick, easy and delicious recipes using Veetee Rice as well as additional chances to enter the giveaway (by leaving a comment on each one), visit:
Lime Shrimp, Corn & Rice Skillet by Real The Kitchen & Beyond
Mediterranean Rice Pilaf by Courtney’s Sweets
Quick Chickpea & Mushroom Rice Pilaf by Opera Singer In The Kitchen
Chicken & Pepper Stir Fry by NEPA Mom
Mediterranean Rice Salad by The Farm Girl Gabs