This coconut cashew strawberry banana smoothie may be our family’s newest favorite flavor combination. Slightly nutty + slightly sweet + a bit like an original classic, it’s guaranteed to be a hit.
I’ve always loved smoothies myself, but must admit that up until the last few years most of my smoothies weren’t very exciting. Strawberry Banana, Berries and citrus, strawberry and pineapple…that was pretty much the sum of my smoothie experimentation. Once I had Skibbles and she started eating more, I got a little more adventurous after realizing that I could pretty much put anything in a smoothie and she would eat it that way. Coincidently, I would also eat pretty much anything put into a smoothie I found out. Thus, our love and adventure of smoothies began. We experiment all the time and daddy actually came up with the recipe for this one, but Skibbles loves it!
She is just getting into “girly” things like her doll house and princesses, so she loves pink smoothies. Lucky for Andrew and I, this smoothie is loaded with great nutrients and lots of protein, so we are happy to let her have it as often as she wants too.
Click play to watch us make this one!
The other amazing thing about smoothies is that she can easy make this herself for the most part. I typically pre-measure things out for her, but other than that she’s on her own. She loves pushing the buttons on our blender. It’s such a feeling of accomplishment for her! The facial expressions she makes are enough to light up any room, am I right?
- 8-10 strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- Pour and serve.
I’d encourage you to not only try this smoothie, but if you are having trouble getting fruits or veggies into your little ones, to try it in a smoothie form. Berries can mask a lot of flavors and things like sweet potatoes or carrots have a sweet enough taste to help with flavor too. Leave a comment below and let me know your favorite smoothie combo!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 10 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Strawberry Lemonade Ice Pops // Courtney’s Sweets
- Outback Copycat Coconut Shrimp Recipe // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl // Baby Loving Mama
- Coconut Cashew Strawberry Banana Smoothie // We’re Parents
- Five Ingredient Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad // Frugal Novice
- Toddler Science Experiment Baking Soda Art // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Restaurant Style Crispy Wonton Strips with Homemade Duck Sauce // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Yummy Orange Apple Cider // Step Stool Chef
- Apple Noodle Kugel // Vegging at the Shore
- Quiona and Oat Granola // O’Boy! Organic
- Kid Approved Chicken Fried Rice // Can’t Google Everything