This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. and Georgia-Pacific LLC. All opinions are my own. #DrinkMakeWishBake #CollectiveBias
DIY Twine Napkin Holder Centerpieces
I remember growing up, every holiday we would head to my great-grandparent’s house. It would be an hours long event every time with nothing really to do there for kids. When you hear about kids just going outside and playing for hours, that’s what we did. We weren’t allowed to watch TV because there was always a football game, car race, or their favorite talk show on at the time. It was a horrid talk show to a tween, FYI. And even if everyone (i.e., all the men) were asleep in front of the TV, we still weren’t allowed to change it. So we would run around outside, explore all the oddities of an old house, like tiny hidden closets, and wait until the food was ready. Y’all know we weren’t allowed to be running through the kitchen!
Just thinking about the food brings back memories. There was always a candy dish that was sitting on the corner of the counter and we would always try to sneak and grab a few pieces. It was the only time we got chocolate milk. There wasn’t a get together without my great-grandma’s famous homemade potato chips. And it wasn’t even close to being a holiday celebration without the indulgent homemade ice cream and fudge sauce.
Fast forward to after dinner was over and the men went back in front of the TV, and all the women in the family helped clean up everything else. There were piles and piles of dishes to be done because everything was on the “nice china”. However, house was never left messy when everyone was gone.
Now, fast forward again to present time. We have our own house now. Our great-grandparents have passed and we have started our own traditions with friends and family. One thing is certain. Don’t nobody have time to be toiling for hours over the sink after dinner is over. Even though, unlike my great-grandparents, we have dishwashers now, I need simple. I want to enjoy my company and the memories with them. Life is chaotic enough and for us the holidays are about joy, giving, and friendship.
That’s why this holiday season, I encourage you to stick with the basics. You can still use paper plates and napkins and still have an amazing, simple tablescape that your guests will swoon over.
A few weeks ago, I decided I would have my closest friends and their families for a “Thanksmas” party. Thanksgiving and Christmas rolled into one and all taking place before any of the holidays actually hit. We all know it gets crazy with our own families so I wanted to make sure that we got together before it was too busy. I knew I didn’t want to be standing, washing dishes all night after, or loading the dishwasher for the next three days, so I knew I was going to head to our local Target to grab Dixie Ultra® Holiday Plates and Vanity Fair® Impressions® napkins. My other two stipulations was that I needed a “wow” factor and it had to be “simple, elegant, and budget-friendly”.
Here’s our step-by-step tutorial on how to make these awesome DIY Twine Napkin Holder Centerpieces.
- Using an old toilet paper roll, mark off every inch. You will get four ring per every toilet paper holder.
- Cut along the line made in Step 1, keeping as straight at you can.
- Using a hot glue gun, place a line from edge to edge on shorted side around.
- Being careful of the hot glue guns, slowly wrap twine around under the entire toilet paper roll is covered.
- Once the entire piece is covered, add another dab of glue from the glue gun and seal the last bit of string to it.
- Using two Vanity Fair® Impressions® napkins stacked together (no one likes just one napkin!), start at one edge and diagonally roll towards opposite end.
- Using your twine napkin ring, place it over the the folded napkins.
- Using shrubbery leaves (we clipped ours from our yard!), place some gently between the napkin ring and the napkins.
- Stick a cinnamon stick down between the napkin ring and the leaves.
- Repeat steps 1-9 until you have desired number of DIY Twine Napkin Holder Centerpieces.
*To get the look we have here, layer Dixie Ultra® Holiday Plates in three different sizes on top of each other. Add the DIY Holiday Napkin Ring Centerpieces on top of the layered plates.
We added in Canada Dry® Ginger Ale to the table in case our friends wanted to add a little fizz to the homemade fruit punch or sangria we made.
By using Dixie Ultra® Holiday Plates and Vanity Fair® Impressions® napkins we were able to be more present in the moments that mattered the most to us during our “Thanksmas” party and the confidence that the products would hold up during performance.
You can find Dixie Ultra® Holiday Plates in the Holiday seasonal section at Target or in-aisle with other disposable tableware items. Plus! Check out these upcoming CartWheel Deals!
- 25% OFF 7UP® Mini Cans and 20oz Bottles November 15-26, 2016
- 10% OFF A&W®, Sunkist®, Canada Dry® & more November 15-26, 2016
- 10% OFF Mini Cans of 7UP®, A&W®, Sunkist®, Canada Dry® & more November 27 – December 24, 2016
- 20% OFF Mini Cans of 7UP®, A&W®, Sunkist®, Canada Dry® & more December 25, 2106 – January 1, 2017
Pin to Pinterest!
Make sure to enter the sweepstakes fun by DPSG/Georgia Pacific below!