*Disclosure: Affiliate Links contained in this post. Thanks for continuing to support us.
If you are looking for the perfect, simple, dinner idea, then this buffalo chicken stromboli will do the trick. For once, this was something that Andrew actually made me fall in love with versus the other way around and when he first suggested it, I said no way. I actually despise blue cheese with a passion. It just…smells funny. Not to mention the way it looks. Me, being the visual eater that I am, had a hard time accepting this one. I’m also not a fan of super spicy foods and always felt that buffalo sauce was too hot. However, the mixture together, is absolutely perfect.
The first few times we have this, Andrew actually made it after learning how to from a friend in college. Somehow he actually used to cook meals and feed himself, but apparently that all changed when he learned that I knew how to cook (even if just a few good meals). But, we won’t get into that one.
We used to use a store bought refrigerated pizza dough that you roll out, but since we now make a majority of our foods from scratch so we are sure of the ingredients, we now use our easy homemade pizza dough recipe. By the time that the dough is finished rising, you can have your chicken cooked and everything ready to assemble.
What really makes this pop is the choice of hot sauce. We really love a local to New Jersey, Hank Sauce, but if you can’t get that, then our second fav is Wild Oats Buffalo Wing Sauce! We go light on the sauce, so if you like it a little hotter you can pour a little more on or serve it on the side.
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 tsp each: Black Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce or Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Make the homemade pizza dough. While rising, mix together seasonings and sprinkle over chicken breasts.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add chicken. Cook 7-10 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temperature. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once pizza dough is done rising, lightly flour a pizza stone (or baking sheet if none available), and flatten dough to 1/4 inch.
- Add chicken on top of dough. Pour sauce over chicken. Then evenly sprinkle both cheeses.
- Very carefully roll the dough into a log shape, carefully sealing the ends as you continue rolling.
- Brush the top with melted butter.
- Place in middle rack of oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes. Cut into desired size and serve with extra sauce on side if desired.
Looking for a Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe? Check out this one from our friend!
Do you love this recipe? Pin it, by hovering the image below and clicking the Pinterest button! Thanks for sharing!