We couldn’t be more excited to share this incredible White Chocolate Strawberry Cake Roll with the option of Homemade Fudge Drizzle with you. This is literally the perfect spring or summer recipe to take to a get together, or in my case, simply sit in a corner hiding while you eat it for the 3.5 seconds your toddler is playing alone. We made it for the first time a few months ago and it was a huge hit at the party we were attending. The white chocolate inside and the fudge drizzle on the outside give this strawberry cake roll the perfect 1-2-3 punch to get your taste buds excited.
The fudge drizzle reminds me of holiday get togethers growing up at my great-grandmothers house. They would make homemade hand-churned ice cream with homemade fudge sauce and it was always something that I looked forward too. It’s perfectly delicious without the fudge drizzle if you don’t like that too. This is really a recipe that anyone can make. It’s super simple and just like any traditional cake roll, it’s sure to be a hit wherever you go!
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup Strawberry puree
- 1 cup homemade whipped topping
- Sliced strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips We love this brand
- We prefer organic ingredients when possible for all our recipes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 15x10 sheet pan.
- In one bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and the vanilla.
- In a third bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks before to form. Slowly add in the remaining sugar and beat until stiff white peaks form.
- Add flour to the second bowl, then fold in the egg whites.
- Evenly spread onto greased sheet pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Lay out a kitchen towel and dust with powdered sugar. Gently slide a butter knife along cake pan and lay cake flat onto towel. From one end roll up into towel completely. Place on wire rack until completely cool.
- Combine all ingredients except homemade whipped topping and strawberries until very well combined. Fold in whipped topping. Gently fold in strawberries. Unroll cake roll. Spread evenly in cake roll. Roll cake roll back up.
- *Note: If serving immediately, continue the recipe below. If not, wrap cake roll up in plastic wrap until ready to use and then add the toppings below.
- Prepare Homemade whipped topping according to instructions. Spread evenly over cake roll. Top with sliced strawberries.
- In a sauce pan, over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Reduce heat and using a wooden spoon, add brown sugar until dissolved. Add in butter until fully melted. Add chocolate chips and wait one minute, then stir until completely combined. Add vanilla and combine. Remove from here and let cool for at least 15-20 minutes before using. Will thicken as it cools. Drizzle over cake roll.
- *Note:Store leftovers in fridge up to 7 days. Heat before serving.
Love this recipe?? Make sure you save it for later! Just hover over the image below and click the Pinterest button to pin it to your page!
Wait!!! We’ve got more!!!
My friend Colleen, from the recipe blog Souffle Bombay, gathered a 15 of her fellow Philly Social Media Bloggers to once again share ideas for celebrating Easter! That’s right it’s time once again for #AllThingsEaster!
From a Fizzy Bunny Mimosa to Strawberry Lemon Cake, Sweet & Savory Pies, Fun Treats for Kids and even 10 Brain Boosting Egg Hunt Ideas, we’ve got you covered with eats, treats and ideas to celebrate!
For even more ideas check out our collective post from last year that had 25 fabulous ideas for Easter breakfast, dinner, dessert, cocktails and even something unique to do with leftover Easter eggs. Plus Easter basket ideas, Easter fun & printables!
If you love Pinterest as much as we do…check out our popular All Things Easter Pinterest Board…follow along!
Whether you celebrate Easter, Spring or just a sunny day in general, we hope your day is filled with good times, good friends, good food and memories in the making!
Fun Easter Treats
- Coconut Macaroon Egg Nests from The Farm Girl Gabs
- Egg Shaped Marshmallow Krispie Treats from Souffle Bombay
- Sunflower Butter Chocolate Easter Eggs from Courtney’s Sweets
- Peeps S’mores from Can’t Google Everything
- Easter Bunny Chow from Girl Gone Mom
- Italian Easter Bread from A Grande Life
Delicious Easter Desserts
- Strawberry Lemon Cake from A Turtles Life For Me
- Carrot Poke Cake from It Is A Keeper
- Italian Easter Pies: One sweet, one savory from Teaspoon of Spice
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting from Momma Lew
- White Chocolate Strawberry Cake Roll with Homemade Fudge Drizzle from We’re Parents!?
- Black Beans and Coconut Tarts – Frejon from Afropolitan Mom
- Fizzy Bunny Mimosa from O’ Boy Organic
- Deviled Eggs & Ham Breakfast Sandwich from The Good Mama
Fun for Kids
- 10 Brain Boosting Egg Hunt Ideas (Without the Candy) from Mommy University
- Tie Dyed Easter Eggs from 4 Hats And Frugal
Which one are you most excited to try??