That’s right, Chicken and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
I love sandwiches…really anything that lands between two pieces of bread. It’s like the greatest thing since… Since…
Since sliced bread!?
Seriously though, there are endless combinations to what you can do. From choosing different toppings, different bread types, or different main ingredients, and once you put it all together, you can name it something fancy.
Like Panini… Lol. That word is so funny to me. I prefer sandwich! I say Panini when I’m trying to impress the Misses.
With that on my brain and watching my significant other and 2 kids having a blast in the kitchen, I found the perfect way to join the fun. With a day the day off, Larisha and I sat down to see what we could create for a new mini chef recipe. With our mini chef ready for another kitchen adventure, Skibbles and I went to work.
And… Boom!!! CHICKEN AND BACON GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH.
What an amazing statement this thing made. The exterior was ever so crispy, with a mouthful of delicious smoked gouda cheese in every bit! I’ve already asked Larisha to put this in our meal rotation because I know it’s super easy to make but it was really healthy and fulling for all of us too.
- 4 pieces sourdough bread
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken breast
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 3 oz smoked gouda cheese sliced thinly (~14 slices)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- On one slice of bread layer 4 slices of cheese, half the spinach, half the chicken and 3 slices of bacon.
- Top with 3 slices of cheese and another slice of bread.
- Butter each side of the bread.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Over medium low heat, cook each sandwich 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Repeat with second sandwich.
- Serve with chips or fries!
While Skibbles and I have enjoyed making cookies and a few other things together, I really loved getting into the kitchen for this week’s Mini Chef Mondays post and doing this together. You will definitely be seeing more of Skibbles and I in the kitchen together again soon.
Do you add more than cheese to your grilled cheese sandwich recipes? Head over to our Facebook page and weigh in on this question and see what other people are saying too!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- S’mores Stacks // Courtney’s Sweets
- Pesto Made with Peas // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Mango Italian Ice // Baby Loving Mama
- Chicken and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich // We’re Parents
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Fudge Bars Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Breakfast Naan Pizza // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Slow Cooker Bean Tortellini Soup // Vegging at the Shore
- Healthy Lunches Kids Can Prepare Themselves // O’Boy! Organic
- Candy Pizza // Can’t Google Everything