Watch us make these!
It’s back to school season which means that the calmness of summer has ended and the chaos has ensued. Trying to wake up the kids to get out the door on time, pack lunches, get everyone to extracurriculars on time, and you still need to feed them dinner, do homework, and shower them. It’s a lot to do. And most days, it can get really stressful. Even as a homeschool mom, while we aren’t so rushed for time, we still have a lot to do. Most days, I’m still trying to figure out meals.
Seriously, why do they need to eat 3 times a day.
Just playing, I happily feed them. But it does get stressful. I’m constantly trying to figure out meals to make my life easier. My conditions are that it ideally needs to:
- taste delicious
- be able to be prepped ahead of time
- moderately healthy
When I hit all four of those conditions, I know we have a winner that every parent will swoon over. Well guys, this is it!
Introducing: Homemade Pocket Sandwiches
Similar to those frozen pocket sandwiches that you heat in the microwave, these will leave you with more time to get other things done while providing a better alternative. Flakey pastry shells stuffed with Columbus Craft Meats deli meat, sauce, and cheese, and you have an amazing, easy to make, and fun alternative. I love Columbus Craft Meats because they are antibiotic free, which means that are better for my family to enjoy. The taste and quality is outstanding.
- Puff Pastry Shells
- 1 Egg
- Columbus Craft Meats Honey Ham
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese
- Yellow Mustard
- Columbus Craft Meats Peppered Turkey
- Sliced American Cheese
- Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce
- Columbus Craft Meats Buffalo Chicken
- Sliced Blue Cheese
- Buffalo Sauce
- Thaw puff pastry shells according to boxed directions.
- Beat egg in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat oven to 400* F.
- Unfold pastry shells and cut into four equal squares.
- Roll out each square.
- On one side, layer meat, sauce, and cheese.
- Brush egg along the edges of the shell.
- Fold shell over and seal edges with a fork.
- Cut 3 small slits in each pocket sandwich.
- Brush egg wash on outside of pocket sandwich.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- To Freeze: Let cool completely, put in air tight freezer container, and store in freezer. To eat from freezer, place on microwave safe dish, and cook for 2 minutes. Let cool before eating.
A normal box of puff pastry dough, contains two puff pastry shells. Each shell is enough to make 4 sandwiches.
The possibilities for these Homemade Pocket Sandwiches are really endless. You could add vegetables inside, make dessert pockets, and so much more. It’s truly versatile. I love that we have a healthier alternative to the traditional deli meats that are stocked right in our local grocery store. You too can find Columbus Craft Meats at your local stores. Enjoy!