I’ve always had strong cravings for food. Since becoming pregnant, my cravings have increased 1000x. One of the things that I crave A LOT is Chinese food. However…my fiance really doesn’t care for it that often and lets face it…Chinese food that we usually think about eating…really isn’t healthy.
Finely chop up onion and garlic.
**Rinsing canned vegetables reduces sodium by approximately 41% percent.
Add oil to a wok and let heat on medium high. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes.Add garlic, peas & carrots …
Stir together and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium. Push veggie mixture to one side and add the eggs to the other side.
I served this baked sweet & sour chicken.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 15 oz can Peas & Carrots drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- **First, I prefer to have everything measured out and ready to through into the wok right away. This is not the recipe that you want to be measuring out or chopping up ingredients as you go.
- Heat the oil in a wok on medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add the peas/carrots mix and garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium low and push mixture to one side.
- On the other side, add the eggs and stir until scrambled.
- Add in your rice and soy sauce.
- Stir all together until well blended. Stir until it is heated throughout. Serve.
**I will definitively be adding pork to this next time 😉