This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HowDoYouEmergenC #CollectiveBias
As parents, our goal is to not only raise our children to be kind, productive humans, but we all have a goal to be around to see as much of their lives as we possibly can. We want to see them graduate from high, get married, have their own kids, be successful and so much more. Ever since we started our semi-crunchyish journey, taking better care of our health is vitally important to us for these reasons and so many more. We want to be here for them, but we also want to be able to live our own lives to our full potential.
I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate foods into our lives that are beneficial to fulling this goal in our lives. Not only that, but growing up as an extremely picky eater, I always want to try and add new foods to our diets so my own kids don’t become how I once was growing up. Recently, a local store had pomegranates on sale. I’ve had pomegranate juice and liked it, but I’ve never ate an actual real pomegranate. I decided to grab some.
Why did no one tell me about the pomegranate goodness? I’m almost upset that no one told me. Both of the girls like them too, especially the little one. I started playing around with pomegranates in different ways and recently got a brilliant idea for a morning drink. I’m super picky about what I drink in the morning. It has to have good flavor, be healthy, and cannot be coffee or tea. Blech, I don’t know how some of you drink it everyday! After a few tries, I came up with this Pomegranate Orangeade recipe that is now my go to in the morning.
Here’s my secret. I put in Emergen-C. I personally love the fizziness to give me a wake-up call in the mornings, but I also love that it’s packed with B vitamins, antioxidants†, electrolytes plus more vitamin C than 10 oranges^. While there are over 20 different Emergen-C flavors, the Super Fruit Pomegranate variety pushes this drink over the top of the deliciousness scale. And luckily since I don’t like coffee or tea, the B Vitamins in Emergen-C enhance energy naturally* without caffeine.
You want the recipe huh?
Seed your pomegranate. Side note: why did no one tell me how messy pomegranates are!?
In a blender add your pomegranate seeds and orange juice.
Using a mesh strainer, separate the juice from seed remnants.
Add in Emergen-C Super Fruit Pomegranate, water, and lemon juice. Stir until well combined. Drink!
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon
- 1 package of Emergen-C Super Fruit Pomegranate
- Optional: Additional pomegranate seeds and orange slices as garnish
- In a blender, add pomegranate seeds and orange juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Using a strainer, separate juice from any seed remnants.
- In a glass, add pomegranate mixer, water, juice from lemon, and package of Emergen-C Super Fruit Pomegranate.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- If desired, add additional orange slices or pomegranate seeds as garnishes.
Drinking this Pomegranate Orangeade makes be feel refreshed and ready to take on every morning and I hope you love it. You can find the Super Fruit Pomegranate variety at your local Wal-greens.
Love our Pomegranate Orangeade and want even more delicious Emergen-C recipes? Go Here!
- †Vitamin C, Zinc and Manganese
- ^Based on using the USDA.gov nutrient database value for a large, raw orange
- *This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.