Today, we’re sharing with you 5 Kid Friendly New Jersey Sites To Visit This Summer!
This summer we will have a 4 1/2 and 2 year old, which means more summer trips with less hassle. Both girls are carefree and down for adventure at any given time. They love getting out of the house and exploring the world around them. Since I haven’t lived in New Jersey my entire life, there’s a lot of things I haven’t seen, so it’s just as much of a joy for me as it is for the girls. Andrew also works crazy hours, so being able to do day trips is really important for our family to be able to get out and explore together.
We’ve slowly been exploring more and more parts of New Jersey and we thought we’d share some of our favorites so far with you!
- Ocean City, NJ
- Hands down Ocean City is one of our favorite things to do every summer. We’ve gone to Ocean City every summer since having kids. It’s our favorite spot shore place!
- Must-Dos! Of course the beach! But after you’re done, grab pizza at Manco & Manco, Gelato at Shriver’s, and then finish out the day with rides and games at Gillian’s Wonderland Pier! Don’t forget the taffy!
- Adventure Aquarium
- This is the first place that I took Serenity as a baby. Andrew and I also had been here before we had kids. We all have a love for water, so it’s just a fun place for us to go! There’s always a new exhibit opening for you to learn more about and it’s the perfect place to go for rainy day fun. Touch a Shark and a Stingray, watch the hippos swim, walk across the Shark bridge and get face to face with over 400 animals in their 760,000 gallon home at Ocean Realm. Pack a lunch to eat inside or outside (or grab one in the cafeteria).
- Paw’s Discovery Farm
- A recently new family favorite New Jersey location. We love the abundance of indoor and outdoor play spaces available, along with the ability to have lunch outdoors, take a nature walk, and get up close and personal with lots of fun animals! Make a weekend trip by checking out the Children’s Discovery Museum and Kid Fit Cherry Hill, both partner businesses.
- Diggerland/Sahara Sams
- This was the girls’ first waterpark, so it will always hold some special memories for our family. We first went here during a birthday party for a cousin, but have been back since and every time we go it’s so fun. I love the ability to combine the waterpark and Diggerland passes together for the ultimate indoor and outdoor experience. We plan to head back to Diggerland soon since Serenity is now tall enough for most of the attractions! Lazy river and the slides are our favorites at Sahara Sam’s, and the swing ride was a favorite for Serenity at Diggerland in the past.
- Howell Living History Farm
- We know how hard taking trips can be when they are not financially feasible, so we wanted to include a FREE option. Yup, completely free. You do have the option to make a donation to support the farm, but it’s totally optional. This is a real working farm based in the late 1800s. You can pet animals, see how the farm actually worked then and is still working now – like watch as they collect eggs from the chickens, and take to the kitchen to whip up homemade pancakes. Every weekend they have a different activity going on to teach you as well. The weekend we went we learned how to make maple syrup, but there’s also activities like Saw Milling, Ice Harvesting, Lambing, Beekeeping, and more!
This year, we’re also planning to go to:
- Hiking trails in southern New Jersey
- Wildwood, NJ and Morey’s Pier
- Cape May Zoo
- Edelman Planetarium
- Storybrook Land
Looking for more inspiration? We’ve teamed up with four other local Jersey bloggers to get 5 of their favorite places to visit in New Jersey. We took a sneak peek and there’s a bunch of fun places to check out!
- Reesa at Momma Lew – The Liberty Science Center sounds so cool!
- Hilary at A Fancy Girl Must – We need to get to LBI!
- Kimberlee at The Millennial Mom – Dukes Farm is just our type of fun!
- Corine at Everyday Cori – I must have a Coney Waffle ASAP!
What’s your favorite kid-friendly location in New Jersey? Leave a comment below letting me know. We’re dying to get out and explore more, but these are a few of our favorites!