If you’re ready to fire up the grill, then these Honey Mustard BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops are calling your name!
The end of March and beginning of April are always this awkward time. Do you need a winter coat or sun dress? Is it going to pour down rain for three days or are we getting a blizzard? The slight uptick in warmer weather excites the best of us. Longer days of sun, getting our hands dirty in the Earth’s soil, and the aroma of the grill excite our entire family. There’s just something about being out in the fresh air that truly lifts your spirits. Even the smallest of our family members truly enjoys the outdoors and the changing of seasons.
Now, I don’t know about you, but for me, the longer days always lead me to loosing track of time. I feel like it’s only 2 o’clock when it’s really 5:30pm. Then, I’m freaking out about what to get on the table. As soon as the weather warms up, I’m ready to fire up the grill. I’ve always loved cooking on a grill and the way food tastes after being cooked this way. There’s just something so delicious about grilled food. The added flavor means you can really get it packed in there even if you are running short on time. Plus, no one likes the house hot once the weather warms up. Grabbing hot off the grill food is the perfect way to solve that conundrum too.
Now, I’ll admit, I hadn’t been grilling much besides hot dogs and burgers up until a few years ago. It was then, that I realized that grilling possibilities are really endless. Now I’m a grilling machine, always wanting to test out the waters of what our grill can do. I’m always seeing bacon wrapped food, so I’ve been wanting to try it myself. Then, I recently had a brilliant idea for using our honey mustard BBQ sauce to make honey mustard BBQ bacon wrapped pork chops.
I went to our local Walmart and grabbed Smithfield’s All Natural Fresh Pork boneless pork chops. It’s naturally tender, but without added steroids, hormones, or artificial ingredients and raised in the USA. One home, I sprinkled a little salt and pepper on both sides and smothered with our homemade honey mustard BBQ sauce. Then wrapped Smithfield All Natural uncured bacon around each chop, smothered with more sauce and grilled! DELICIOUS! These honey mustard BBQ bacon wrapped pork chops are sure to please a crowd and are the perfect dish to whip up when you’re having company over.
- 1 package Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 package Smithfield All Natural uncured bacon
- Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce doubled if you want extra for dipping
- Salt Pepper to taste
- Heat and oil grill to 450 degrees.
- Salt and Pepper both sides of each pork chop to taste.
- Smother each side in Honey Mustard BBQ sauce.
- Wrap two pieces of bacon around each pork chop.
- Secure bacon with toothpicks.
- Smother with more sauce.
- Place bacon wrapped pork chops on the grill.
- Cook for 3 minutes, flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove to indirect heat and cook until an internal temperature of 145 degrees is reached.
- Take off of grill and let set for 3 minutes to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.
It's really important that you oil the grill.
Repurpose leftover All Natural Fresh Pork by slicing up and adding to a wrap with tomatoes, lettuce, grilled mushrooms, and leftover sauce!
Grab your $1 Off any Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork item here. Head over to Walmart to grab yours today.
Need more inspiration? Check out these Maple Chipotle Glazed Pork Chops!