*Disclosure: Compensation was provided by The Honest Company via MomTrends. Thoughts and opinions are 100% mine and are not indicative of the opinions of The Honest Company or Momtrends. All images in this post courtesy of The Honest Company.
The Mommy Wars, especially when it comes to breastfeeding vs bottle feeding, are perpetually one of the most debated topics in the world. Every mom claims to be doing her best and everyone else has an opinion about what she could or could not be doing differently. It’s easy to judge. I know. I did it for a long time.
Not before I had Skibbles, but after. I would turn my nose up at anyone who was bottle feeding their child because why wouldn’t you want to give them the best you could offer. Many times I heard one “booby trap” explanation after explanation all setting these moms up for failure and I blamed them for not researching more on their own. But then, I got slammed into reality. What if it was the best they could offer?
I was sitting at a VIP session at MommyCon Philly in 2013 and I had been chatting with my friend and another woman who sat beside me as we mingled over breakfast and the speaker made her way around to chat with everyone personally. When she finally got over to us, we chatted for a few minutes before the woman sitting beside me thanked her for empowering her not to feel bad about not being able to breastfeed. She went on to tell her story about being diagnosed with insufficient glandular tissue. I didn’t even know what that meant until I got home and looked it up later, but I felt horrible afterwards for learning that there really are issues that women can have that make breastfeeding simply impossible.
Now, of course, I still fully advocate and push for breastfeeding. However, I’m much more relaxed and understanding many of the reasons why someone doesn’t. That moment truly taught me that we all have to stop judging each other as much because we never know what someone else is or has gone through.
Luckily, companies like The Honest Company, have the mission to inspire and empower families to live a healthy life and are giving them options to make the best decisions for their family. Available on Honest.com and in over 2,500 retail locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, they are easily accessible for many. With over 100 products and growing, they aim to build healthy and safe families, especially in development between 0-3 years old.
I was excited to learn that they recently announced their brand new feeding line that has options for all moms who choose to either breastfeed, formula feed, or need to do a combination. Here’s some more information about this new feeding line:
- Lactation Plus $19.95: Highly targeted, scientifically formulated blend of botanical extracts and organic ingredients designed to help support breast milk production.
- Organic Nipple Balm $13.95: Organic salve helps to soothe pain and irritation and encourage healing to relieve and revitalize nursing nipples.
- 2-in-1 Nursing Cover + Scarf $59.95: Designed in collaboration with Piece & Co., stylish year-round accessory and easy privacy cover for nursing made of soft and breathable 100% organically grown cotton.
- Nursing Pillow $69.95: Foam-free and specially designed to offer stable support and comfort for both baby and mom, with a superior patented surface that gently angles baby to encourage optimal feeding position.
- Baby DHA $19.95: Carefully sourced from premium fish oil with added Vitamin D3 that provides critical support for brain and eye development and earned the highest Five-Star IFOS rating for purity, potency, and freshness.
- Natural Feeding Baby Bottle $12.95 (5 oz.) $14.95 (8 oz.): Features a highly innovative design using medical-grade silicone and peristaltic nipple to closely mimic natural breastfeeding, squeezable bottle and integrated tri-vent system to reduce gas, colic, reflux, and spit-up.
- Natural Feeding Peristaltic Nipples (2) $4.95: Medical-grade silicone with flex accordion design allows baby to feed in natural, wave-like motion to provide easy assimilation and transition between breast and bottle-feeding.
- Certified Organic Premium Infant Formula $29.95: Carefully modeled after breast milk, nutritionally complete, easy to digest, and meticulously blended using ingredients sourced from trusted organic farms, made without GMOs (genetically engineered ingredients) and “Honestly Free” of gluten, pesticides, carrageenan, hexane-extracted DHA, antibiotics, growth hormones,, and artificial colors and dyes .
- Formula Dispenser $6.95: Convenient 3-compartment solution for easy, hygienic feeding: anywhere, anytime.