I remember get togethers at my aunt’s house growing up where a family friend would always bring these amazing pepperoni rolls and cherry cheesecakes. Both were always gone in a flash. Decadent cream cheese filling with a crunchy sweet crust and topped with a rich cherry filling topping that would burst in your mouth. As a kid, there was nothing better than that. They were to die for and that’s where I know my love of cheesecake started.
For me, cheesecake is one of the things that I believe could cure world tensions. Everyone just needs to sit down and eat some amazingly delicious cheesecake together and work it all out. Am I right?
While, I personally would enjoy just sitting down with the pan of cheesecake and a fork, I know many people think it’s really indulgent and just want to have a small piece. It’s kind of awkward to cut though so we have recently been making these in a square pan and cutting into bite size pieces to take to get togethers.
Skibs absolutely loves making these. The food processor has become her favorite appliance to use and it’s super adorable. I have to make sure I really pay attention to her doing cheesecake recipes because she will try to eat have the crust mixture before I can even get her to smooth it all out. She did so great with dipping them in the chocolate too!
These are always a hit at get togethers since kids can just pick them up with their tiny fingers and adults can just pop one in their mouth! No forks needed! Enjoy!
- 3 cups crushed graham crackers ~18 whole crackers
- 1 stick + 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat oven to 325 Degrees F
- In a food processor crush graham crackers to crumbs. With a spoon, add in brown sugar and melted butter.
- Add foil to cover a 9x13 cake pan.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom of pan evenly with the bottom of a spoon.
- Bake crust for 10 mins. Remove and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium until well blended.
- One at a time, add eggs, and beat on a low setting until blended (don't overdo the blending here).
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 mins or until center is almost set (should have a slightly jiggle).
- Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to remain inside oven for 30-45 mins.
- Let cool to touch and then refrigerate overnight or freeze at least 2 hours.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, and vanilla.
- Let cook, stirring frequently for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour mixture over cheesecake and put into freezer for an hour or until solid.
- In a microwave safe bowl or double broiler, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together until well melted.
- Bring cheesecake out of freezer and gently remove from pan and pull off foil from around the sides.
- Cut into bit size pieces.
- *Tip: Move quickly (but safely) when cutting. If cheesecake begins to soften too much, place back in freezer.
- Dip or drizzle chocolate across cheesecake. And place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Place in freezer for 30 minutes, then you can move to fridge until ready to serve.
- Store any leftovers in fridge or freezer.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Avocado Deviled Eggs // Courtney’s Sweets
- Easter Bunny Cake // Momma Lew
- Starwberry Pound Cake Parfaits for Easter // Baby Loving Mama
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Cheesecake Bites // We’re Parents
- White Chocolate Covered Grapes // Frugal Novice
- Easy Lamb Chops Recipe for the Oven // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Bunny Rabbit Pancake // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies // Step Stool Chef
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites // Vegging at the Shore
- Strawberry Pineapple Kale Smoothie // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Cooking with Kids: Keeping it Safe // O’Boy! Organic
- Peaches and Cream Pie // Can’t Google Everything